The King Arthur Curio Box Collection is named after the seeds of the collection: handsome 1960s editions of Medieval literature: Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur and Langland's Piers the Ploughman. Curio Box Collections are themselves a perfect seed for your own collections: one-of-a-kind miniature wunderkammers, and a great way to add personality and color to any bookshelf, desktop, or room. The items in your Collection can be rearranged to your heart's content, kept together, or set about a to unify a space.
Collections are curated and assembled by me, using ephemera from my archives, treasures I find out and about, and my original photography. (For larger photo prints to compliment your Collection, please see the other listings in my shop: skulls and plants & flowers.)
This wooden box is 11.75" wide x 8.5" tall, and 3.5" deep. Inside you will find:
• vintage encyclopedia pages on English Literature, featuring two of the books in this set
• mounted print of my Alluvial Coves skull photograph
• vintage amber glass and gold plate bottle
• vintage gold metal crown-shaped votive candle holder
• vintage gold gold and silver mosaic candle holder (pencil cup, etc)
• set of postcards and game cards featuring castles, medieval art, skeletons, etc, inspired by Le Morte D'Arthur
• knight's steed horse figurine (in this case, a Chinese Terra Cotta Soldier's steed!)
• tiny gold Lucky Frog figurine
• one of my Anatomical Skulls photo cubes, solid wood
• vintage copy of Piers the Ploughman ((Penguin Classics, 1964)
• and of course, the vintage copy of Arthur (Mentor Classic, 1962)
I hope you enjoy this unique collection, and that it brings you in inspiration!
Curio Collection: Medievalist's Bookshelf Set – King Arthur
Collections are packaged with great care so that they arrive to you safely, and only by Priority Mail. Collections ship within 2-3 business days; actual delivery time to you depends on your destination and your chosen shipping method. If you order multiple items, I will always combine shipping and refund any extra funds to you.